- Monitoring works when the app is in the background. You will get a local notification when entering a beacon region.
- The app can only monitor and range a single beacon region, but can easily be extended for multiple.
- You can find and set the UUID and identifier for the beacon (and the region) at the top of NTViewController.m.
- Major and minor integers are generated randomly every time a new advertising session starts.
- The app will not list itself as a beacon, even if you toggle advertising on. (It's how the API works.) You need to run another instance of the app for that.
- The UI doesn't show any alerts; check the console for more details.
Beacon region advertising doesn't work in the background in iOS 7, even with the
bluetooth-peripheral mode set in
Nick Toumpelis (@nicktoumpelis)
HiBeacons is available under the MIT licence. See the LICENCE file for more info.