A curated list for awesome kubernetes sources Inspired by @sindresorhus' awesome
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
-- Michael Jordan
Without the help from these amazing contributors, building this awesome-repo would never has been possible. Thank You very much guys !!
Thanks to Gitbook.This awesome list can now be downloaded and read in the form of a book.Check it out --> https://www.gitbook.com/book/ramitsurana/awesome-kubernetes/ .Keep Learning Keep Sharing !!
If you see a package or project here that is no longer maintained or is not a good fit, please submit a pull request to improve this file. Thank you!
What is Kubernetes? :ship:
Kubernetes is an open-source system for automating deployment, scaling, and management of containerized applications. It groups containers that make up an application into logical units for easy management and discovery.
Source: What is Kubernetes
Kubernetes is known to be a descendant of Google's system BORG
The first unified container-management system developed at Google was the system we internally call Borg. It was built to manage both long-running services and batch jobs, which had previously been handled by two separate systems: Babysitter and the Global Work Queue. The latter’s architecture strongly influenced Borg, but was focused on batch jobs; both predated Linux control groups.
Source: Kubernetes Past
Date of Birth:
Kubernetes celebrates its birthday every year on 21st July. Kubernetes 1.0 was released on July 21 2015, after being first announced to the public at Dockercon in June 2014.
The awesome-kubernetes will now soon be available in the form of different releases and package bundles, It means that you can download the awesome kubernetes release up to a certain period of time, The release for awesome kubernetes 2015 bundle is released.Checkout the releases column for more info.Stay tuned for more updates.
A place that marks the beginning of a journey
Official resources from the Kubernetes team
Official release notes from the Kubernetes team on Stable Kubernetes Releases
A piece of writing included with others in a newspaper, magazine, or other publication
Kubernetes Platform as a Service providers
Interactive Learning Environments
Learn Kubernetes using an interactive environment without requiring downloads or configuration
MOOC Courses / Tutorials
List of available free online courses(MOOC) and tutorials
Study of Various different case studies
Persistent Volume Providers
List of some Persistent Volume Providers for Kubernetes.Check out Persistent Volume Providers for more info
Developer Libraries/ Scripts
List of some libraries & scripts for executions and good referrals
Kubernetes-related projects that you might find helpful
Projects built to make life with Kubernetes even better, more powerful, more scalable
To maintain regular surveillance over kubernetes
Test your applications running on Kubernetes
- kube-monkey - Chaos Monkey for Kubernetes clusters
- k8s-testsuite - Helm chart for network and loadtesting of a Kubernetes cluster
- Sonobuoy - Diagnostic tool that runs Kubernetes conformance tests
- PowerfulSeal - kills targeted pods and machines to test your software reliability
- Litmus - Chaos engineering for stateful workloads on Kubernetes
- Kubeadm-dind-cluster - multi-node test cluster based on kubeadm
- kind - A single node cluster to run your CI tests against thats ready in 30 seconds
Build-test-deploy automated workflow software designed to make production environments more stable and life better for engineers
A list of linux containers supported by kubernetes.
Secret generation and management
- click - A CLI focused REPL for quickly interacting with Kubernetes objects.
- kube-prompt - Interactive kubernetes client built using go-prompt.
- Kube-shell - Integrated shell for working with the Kubernetes CLI
- kubectx - switch between clusters on kubectl
- kubens - switch between namespaces on kubectl
- Kubesh - Work around kubectl
- Kubectl Aliases - Aliases for Kubectl
- Vikube - Kubernetes operations from Vim, in Vim
- kube-ps1 - Kubernetes prompt helper for bash and zsh.
- kube-tmux - Kubernetes tmux plugin to display the current context and namespace
- kubensx - Simpler Cluster/User/Namespace switching for Kubernetes (featuring interactive mode and wildcard/fuzzy matching).
- stern - Multi pod and container log tailing
- kubectl-plugins - A collection of kubectl plugins handling everything from easy context switches to connecting to a container as any user (root included) via exec. Slightly tailored towards GKE users.
Application deployment orchestration
- Authenticator - A tool for using AWS IAM credentials to authenticate to a Kubernetes cluster
- Dex - OpenID and OAuth for Kubernetes
- Guard - Authenticaton webhook server with support for Github, Gitlab, Google, Azure and LDAP (AD) as identity providers.
- kiam - Allows cluster users to associate AWS IAM roles to Pods.
- kube-bench - The Kubernetes Bench for Security is a Go application that checks whether Kubernetes is deployed according to security best practices.
- kube-hunter - Hunt for security weaknesses in Kubernetes clusters.
- kube2iam - Provides different AWS IAM roles for pods running on Kubernetes
- Sysdig Falco
- Sysdig Secure
- TensorFlow k8s
- mxnet-operator - Tools for ML/MXNet on Kubernetes.
- kubeflow - Machine Learning Toolkit for Kubernetes.
- seldon-core - Open source framework for deploying machine learning models on Kubernetes
- FfDL - Deep Learning Platform offering TensorFlow, Caffe, PyTorch etc. as a Service on Kubernetes
- Polyaxon - An open source platform for reproducible machine learning and deep learning on kubernetes
- MLT - Machine Learning Container Templates: easy to use container and kubernetes object templates.
Backup and Disaster Recovery
- Ark - Utility for managing backup and restore of Kubernetes clusters.
- burry.sh - Cloud Native backup and recovery for etcd, zookeeper and consul
- kube-backup - Sync kubernetes state to git.
Some of the awesome findings and experiments on using Kubernetes with Raspberry Pi.
A written or printed work consisting of pages glued or sewn together along one side and bound in covers that provide us with information
A slide is a single page of a presentation created with software such as PowerPoint or OpenOffice Impress.
A recording of moving visual images made digitally or on videotape.
Other Useful Videos
Interesting Twitter Accounts
Twitter is quick, it’s easy to communicate on, and is a very valuable social channel for a brand or business if you use it to its full potential, By following these news aggregators, rolling news channels, and companies, you can get the inside scoop of a story long before it hits the mainstream news outlets.
- Ahmet Alp Balkan, Software Engineer at Google & Google Kubernetes Engine
- Aparna Sinha, Group Product Manager - Kubernetes at Google
- Arun Gupta, Principal Open Source Technologist at Amazon Web Services
- Brandon Philips, CTO at CoreOS
- Brendan Burns, Partner Architect at Microsoft
- Brian Grant, Principal Engineer at Google, Lead Architect of Kubernetes
- Carlos Sanchez, Senior Software Engineer, CloudBees
- Chris Aniszczyk, Chief Operating Officer at Cloud Native Computing Foundation
- Eric Tune, Senior Staff Engineer at Google
- Ihor Dvoretskyi, Developer Advocate at Cloud Native Computing Foundation
- Jessie Frazzelle, Cloud Developer Advocate at Microsoft
- Joe Beda, Founder and CTO at Heptio
- Joseph Jacks, Entrepreneur In Residence at Quantum Corporation
- Kelsey Hightower, Staff Developer Advocate at Google
- Kris Nova, Engineer at Heptio, Creator of Kubicorn
- Michelle Noorali, Software Engineer at Microsoft
- Paris Pittman, Developer Relations Manager - Kubernetes at Google
- Patrick Reilly, Office of the CTO at Cisco, Cisco board of member for CNCF
- Tim Hockin, Senior Staff SW Engineer / Engineering Manager at Google
An awesome way to connect with kubernauts around the globe
Connecting with Kubernetes
Some must to go and attend conferences on kubernetes
Contributions are most welcome!
This list is just getting started, please contribute to make it super awesome.
Check out the Contributing Guidelines.
awesome-kubernetes by Ramit Surana is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.